Here’s my Arlo A quilt in Collection CF.
To follow along with the pattern, it’s the Wall size and uses just the A templates. As for fabric, I used just 2 fabrics in blue from Collection CF. It’s always so hard to pick only 2, but the results can be great.
One thing that keeps me coming back to this project is how many different ways you can go with it. Not only can you change the templates that you use, but you can change their orientation and how many fabrics so that it looks like a totally different project.
Knowing that I was only going to use 2 fabrics and 1 set of the templates, I started by having a major cutting session. Then I sewed the blocks together (by machine).
I find a stack of sewn blocks to be satisfying, and the huge dork in me delighted over the fact that these fit so nicely (in terms of shape and color!) in this treasure tray that I made last year in Harriot. (I actually stored the cut pieces in the tray before sewing them together as well, which I found to be handy.)
This project is quilted with some straight-ish lines in the lighter sections that echo some of the different directions in the design. I like that it’s a simple approach that is varied enough to make it not so boring to do, and that it gives the project an overall texture that is pleasing and not super uniform.
I used the darker binding to tie in the accented sections and to frame it out a bit.
There we go. I love what this version does with the geometry of the design, and it’s definitely had me thinking about other variations still to try…
fabric: Collection CF